<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
|Page 1 of 10|
Biosecurity and TradeBiosecurity is a strategic and integrated approach to analyzing and managing relevant risks to human, animal and plant life and health and associated risks to the environment. Interest in biosecurity has risen considerably over the last decade in parallel with increasing trade in food, plant and animal products, more international travel, new outbreaks of transboundary disease affecting animals, plants and people, heightened awareness of biological diversity and greater attention to the environment and the impact of agriculture on environmental sustainability.
Pacific Island Countries and Territories (PICTSs) need to position themselves to take advantage of trading opportunities, while protecting their natural resource base from potential risks.
Biosecurity and Trade
Land Resources News
- SPC facilitates access to CABI’s Crop Protection Compendium
- SPC supports seaweed farming in the Pacific region
- Drought then flood – food security concerns in Solomon Islands Choiseul Province
- Workshop focuses on strengthening Pacific product marketing
- Solomon Islands delegation tours Fiji to learn about REDD+
© 2010 SPC Land Resources Division, All Rights Reserved.