People from different countries and organisations are involved into the Pacific Tuna Tagging Program.
At SPC (Secretariat of the Pacific Community), professionals involved are:
- Bruno Leroy: Tagging cruise leader, participating to almost all the Western Pacific tagging cruises and considered as the "Crazy tagger"
- Helene Ixeco: in charge of processing tag recoveries received at SPC and verifying paiement of rewards
- Ashley Williams: previously in charge of the Albacore tagging project, now working with the stock assessment section still at SPC.
- John Hampton: Leads the Oceanic Fisheries Program at SPC and is in charge of managing tagging projects. He has participated to the historical tagging projects in the 80's.
- Sylvain Caillot : IT officer in charge of collecting, processing and disseminating data related to tagging.
- Simon Nicol : Leads the Ecosystem Monitoring & Analysis section, in charge of managing tagging projects.
- Caroline Sanchez who is our tag recovery coordinator officer. She communicate regularly with all the tag recovery officer and she goes often to the field to meet fisheries agencies, boats, fisheries staff and observers. So if you see her in your country or you have a tag don’t hesitate to contact her she will be able to advice you !
- Tony Lewis: Participated in the earlier projects in the 70's, 80's and 90's, and formerly head of the Oceanic Fisheries Program at SPC; brought this experience to assist planning and provide overall cordination of the project; despite his advancing years, apparently tagged more fish than anyone else and participated in most tagging cruises; fondly known as Yoda by the team.
In Hawaii (University of Hawaii):
- David Itano: former fisheries scientist for the Oceanic Fisheries program at SPC when he served as Cruise Leader during the RTTP. Contracted by SPC as tagging Cruise Leader for several PTTP tagging cruises and lead tagging cruises CP-1 and CP-4. PTTP Tag Recovery Officer based in Hawaii.
In Papua New Guinea (National Fisheries Authority):
At IATTC (Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission):