Promoting statistical South-South Cooperation in the Pacific Islands region
Building capacity and implementing international good practices for survey data management involves development of documentation, dissemination and preservation of micro-datasets. The objective of the South-South collaborative workshop is to build sustainable capacity in the region to manage microdata efficiently using some of the international standards, tools and guidelines for better data documentation and dissemination. The workshop will also:
- Introduce both South-South provider and recipient counterparts to each other and set the scene for ongoing collaboration, and an opportunity for sharing of practical experience and lessons learned;
- Reinforce both the capacity of South-South provider and recipients prior to technical assistance missions
- Introduce the development of documentation, dissemination, anonymisation and preservation of micro-datasets and manage microdata efficiently using some of the international standards (IHSN, DDI), tools and guidelines for better data documentation and dissemination;
- Work towards a greater harmonization of statistical classifications and systems; and
- Assist the region in disseminating statistics more effectively, including making greater use of unit-record census and survey data.