SDP provides technical support to countries and territories in order to strengthen their capacity on gender mainstreaming and the production and use of gender statistics. The aim is to work towards developing gender sensitive policies and programmes in addition to being able to monitor progress against national, regional and international commitments on gender equality.
SDP collaborates with regional development partners, governments and administrations, and civil society organisations to progress gender equality and advocate for women’s human rights to be promoted and protected.
Our current key activities include:
SDP provides a range of services to strengthen capacities of Pacific islands countries and territories, including technical assistance and capacity building on:
- Production of gender statistics and gender analysis
- Policy review
- Generation and production of knowledge and information
- Development of guidelines and tools
- Coordination with regional partners and civil society organisations
- Hosting of the triennial conference of Pacific Women and Ministers for Women’s Regional Meeting
- Engagement at regional and global events such as the Commission on the Status of Women and other related events.