49th Meeting of the Committee of Representatives of Governments and Administrations
11th Conference of the Pacific Community
Representatives of the 26 countries and territories that govern the Pacific Community (SPC) will gather in Noumea, New Caledonia, from 17 to 21 June 2019 for the 49th meeting of the Committee of Representatives of Governments and Administrations and the 11th Conference of the Pacific Community.
This will be a “paper smart” event, consistent with SPC’s environmental policy.
The Conference of the Pacific Community is SPC’s governing body and meets every two years. In years when the Conference does not meet, the Committee of Representatives of Governments and Administrations (CRGA) is empowered to make decisions on governance issues.
CRGA also has three sub-committees that report to it: the Sub-committee on the implementation of the Strategic Plan, the Pacific Board for Educational Quality and the Audit and Risk Committee.
The terms of reference for those committees and all SPC’s governance documents can be found in The Pacific Community Governance Compendium.
This session is for all CRGA representatives
more event info
This session will be for all CRGA representatives to interact with programme heads to gain a better understanding of their work
2019 corporate overview report, including:
- Update on Pacific Community priorities
- Update on country programming
- Implementation of CRGA 48 decisions
- Learning and innovative opportunities in SPC
- Update of CRGA out-of-session approvals
- Staff Representative Committee’s report
Pacific Community Centre for Ocean Science (PCCOS)
Refer to Paper 3
a. Report from the PBEQ – a CRGA Sub-committee
The Pacific Board for Educational Quality (PBEQ) report to CRGA
Refer to Paper 4.1
b. Update on Youth High-Level Dialogue Outcomes
Pacific Youth Development Framework
Refer to Paper 4.2
Report from the CRGA Subcommittee on Strategic Plan Implementation
Refer to paper 5.1
Papers taken as read. Item presented by the Secretariat and the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat
- CROP Cohesion and Coordination, including regional governance and finance (refer to paper 6.1)
- Implementation of SIS Leaders’ Strategy (refer to paper 6.2)
- Audit and Risk Committee report (paper 7.1)
- 2018 Audited Financial Statements (paper 7.2)
- Budgets - 2019 revised budget (paper 7.3)
- Review of host country grants (Paper 7.4)
- Review of members’ assessed contributions (Paper 7.5)
- Report on Human Resources, including an update on changes to the Staff Regulations (Paper 7.6)
- Remuneration report (Paper 7.7)
Permanent Observer applications from European Union and Germany - for consideration (Paper 8)
Words of welcome: Dr Colin Tukuitonga, Director-General
Statement by outgoing: Chair Hon. Philippe Germain
Statement by incoming: Chair Hon. Henry Puna
09.30–09.45: Keynote address: Hon. Henry Puna, Prime Minister of the Cook Islands
09.45–10.00: Presentation of the theme (Conference Paper 1)
Discussion of the theme -
- Ambassador Peter Thomson, United Nations Secretary General’s Special Envoy for the Ocean
- Professor Giles Boeuf, Lead French Scientist
- Stefano Mansevisi, Director-General of the European Commission's Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development (DEVCO)
10.00–10.45: Discussions moderated by a representative of the Cook Islands
CRGA 49’s recommendations to Conference, and decisions taken by CRGA 48 in 2018 (Paper 3)
Session papers for CRGA and Conference will be made available to SPC members on a secure link. Access information will be provided soon.
Watch this space for information on how media can follow the activities of CRGA, including accessing video and audio footage from the events key moments.